Whether you are a lover of India, a fan of colour and pattern or you would just like to learn more about the intriguing Indian culture, we recommend reading a few of the books below:
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry – this wins a gold star from us!
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
- Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.
- The Secret Lives of Colour by Kassia St Clair (this book is about the delights of colour rather than India)
- John Robshaw Prints by John Robshaw and Elizabeth Garnsey
- Madhur Jaffrey’s Indian Cookery by Madhur Jaffrey
- Madhur Jaffrey’s Ultimate Curry Bible by Madhur Jaffrey
- Love Jaipur & Rajasthan by Fiona Caulfield – If you are off to Jaipur this guide book is a must. Infact, all Fiona Caulfield’s guide books on India are essential purchases!